grow (up) together
Aikido for children with low social background.
The Babel-district in Lucerne, Switzerland.
Help us to introduce children who mostly belong to families with low social background into Aikido so we can show them how to find peaceful conflict resolutions and to strengthen their self-confidence!
A big chance for the children - our future.
A project with long-term effect!
MERELY 3130 CHF (about 2500 €) ARE MISSING TO START!
That the children are able learn how to handle all these experiences in these difficult requirements and also how to learn to find themselves anyway, we like to create a safe space for them and to bring them into contact with themselves through the harmonizing martial-art Aikido.
HELP US TO BRING OUR CHILDREN THESE NEW EXPERIENCES!
If there are still free places, children from other schools and districts may also participate.
Children with low social Background are preferably taken.
At the mean time we want to give the possibility to those children who are not able to follow the normal school-lessons but have a talent in movements to develop these abilities and so to show them that they also have qualities and values.
(more intentions see further down)
WHAT`S NICER AND MORE EFFECTIVE THAN TO SHOW CHILDREN THEIR OWN VALUES?
AND THERE ARE JUST 3130 CHF BETWEEN US AND THIS GOAL!
BE ALSO A PART OF THIS PROJECT BY GIVING YOUR SUPPORT IN FORM OF A START-UP-DONATION.
Or perhaps you find another possibility to assist us?
We are very glad for every consent.
TOGETHER WE WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE THESE CHILDREN A WELL-FOUNDED SUPPORT!
No more than only 3130 CHF are missing to start the phase of trial of a whole semester and to buy the still missing mats.
We take it as a good sign if there will be more and we will use this money then for on-going semesters or to broaden the offer of lessons.
Long-term we hope for enough generous foundation or private persons who also like the idea as much as we do and so will support us financially with long-term donations.
CREATE WITH US THIS BIG CHANCE FOR THE CHILDREN OF THE BABEL DISTRICT!
- The children learn the BASIC AIKIDO TECHNIQUES.
- The children learn to CONCENTRATE AND CONTROL THEIR EXUBERANT ENERGY, which could be aggressive.
- The children learn NOT TO RESPOND WITH AGGRESSION TO THE AGGRESSION of others, but instead to meet it and transform it into a PEACEFUL SOLUTION.
- The children learn to incorporate these experiences into their everyday life and to RESOLVE CONFLICTS PEACEFULLY.
- The children engage in PHYSICAL ACTIVITY which compensates for the academic and sedentary school life.
- Children who are not able to cope with the academic and disciplined activities in school often show talent in physical activities. So children who do not do well in school demonstrate that they are also capable of achievements and this can REINFORCE THEIR SENSE OF SELF-WORTH.
- So Aikido can reinforce their self-confidence. It is possible that this REDUCES CONFLICTS which otherwise could escalate, due to the children displacing their rejection of themselves on to others.
- Their INCREASED SELF-CONFIDENCE, which causes a reduction of internal stress, MAY LEAD TO BETTER LEARNING ABILITIES.
- In Aikido, everyone is equal. One's size, strength or gender makes no difference. We follow a policy of RESPECT FOR EVERYONE, which the children can adopt and develop.
- During training, the children's respectful and responsible behaviour increases their SOCIAL COMPETENCE.
- Long-term, all of this supports the increase in PEACEFUL RELATIONS in the district.
YOU TOO CAN OFFER THE CHILDREN IN THE BABEL DISTRICT IN LUCERNE, SWITZERLAND, THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY BY GIVING US YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT.
Thanks to the children and their parents for giving us the permission to use pictures of the regular children training at the Aikido Schiavone Dojo.
We know each other from the Aikido Schiavone Dojo in Lucerne, which Vincenzo is leading since about 7 years.
VINCENZO, 3rd Dan Aikido, is very experienced in teaching Aikido during his given lessons at his school and the "Aikido Schule Basel". He also was asked to give lessons at several national and international stages (courses). His experiences reach from very advanced students to beginners and also children.
SANIA took her first Aikido lesson about 4 years ago. From the first moment she was thrilled by the influence and effect which Aikido can have. She has got a Master of Arts in Music Pedagogy. Sania teaches in the Babel district in Lucerne at the migration project BabelStrings and as assistance teacher in the classes (special-needs teacher) at the St. Karli school. So she got a good insight into the district and realised during several discussions with other teachers and child caretakers how necessary a project like the Aikido Kids is, especially for children in higher primary school age.
PATRICK is very interested in Japanese culture and language. Since one and a half years he trains himself in the martial art Aikido.