Welcome to Crowdify.net. This data protection guideline describes the basis for processing, obtaining, collecting, using, disclosing, archiving and transmitting the user data of our website www.crowdify.net and the corresponding applications (apps). By providing your personal data when registering and using Crowdify.net, you agree, among other things, that we (hereinafter referred to as the operator), may collect your personal data and process it for marketing purposes. The operator of Crowdify.net stores individual access data as well as all data generated by users when using their account. The details of how the data entered by users is used are described below. We may revise this data protection guideline from time to time and/or adapt it based on changes in data protection regulations. Changes are made available on crowdify.net and will take effect 30 days after their publication.
To answer your questions, your data is processed and stored when you contact us (via email or the contact form). If storage is no longer necessary, this data is deleted. If there are legal (tax) reasons or other justifications for storage, this data is restricted for processing. Unless otherwise stated, we will separate and restrict access to stored data based on legal provisions after one year at the latest.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to:
- Correction or deletion
- Restriction of processing
- Objection to processing
- Data transmission
As a user, you can exercise your rights to information and data transmission using the relevant functions in your profile.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection regulatory authority about what you consider to be unlawful processing of your personal data by us.
- If you request to exercise your rights to correction, deletion or restriction of processing of any of the above-mentioned rights in paragraph one, we are obligated to inform all recipients who have had access to your personal data. This does not apply if it proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. However, you have the right to find out from us who these recipients are.
- If you visit our platform for informational purposes only without registering or otherwise transmitting information, we only collect the data transmitted from your browser to our server. We use a transmission method based on the SSL protocol (secure sockets layer protocol) to do this. We collect the following data, which is technically necessary so that you can view the website and to ensure security and stability:
- Operating system and its interface
- Date and time of the request
- Content of the request (specific page)
- IP address (storage period 7 days)
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- Language and version of the browser software
- Website from which the request originates
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status/HTTP status code
Login data. When you register on the platform, we ask for specific data, such as your username, password and email address. We may also ask you to personalise your user data with other data, such as your first and last name, location, address, telephone number or individual preferences. Some of this information, such as your username, is displayed publicly as part of our services. You can control the public display of all other data via your account. We do not collect or create any personal information that is sensitive or confidential in nature as defined by the Swiss Data Protection Act.
You can publicly comment on our blog and in the project initiators’ news area. We create different topics about our activities in our blog. Your comments can then be read under your username. We do not review comments before publication, but we reserve the right to delete comments that are inappropriate or considered illegal by third parties.
When you use our website, your data required for fulfilling the contract are stored for the duration required by tax laws. This also includes information on the selected method of payment. The data you voluntarily provide will also be stored during your use of our website, unless you delete it beforehand.
- User IDs and device IDs. When you install the app on your smartphone, we create a unique identification number associated with the installation of the software (User ID). If you have an account, we will associate the User ID or your Device ID with your login details.
Data concerning your user behaviour. We collect data about your user behaviour, for example, your perception or use of project pages, which functions you use, what actions you take (e.g., uploading photos, videos, liking content or posting comments).
Log Data When you use our services, we automatically generate data about your use of the Platform (log data). This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or mobile device, browser type, access time and other statistically usable data. We use the log files to analyse your user behaviour. We anonymously analyse the log files.
Data about your social networking services (SNS)As a Crowdify.net user, you can use SNS such as Facebook and Twitter. To do so, you must log in to your SNS. Crowdify.net will not see your username or password, nor will Crowdify.net store or otherwise use this information in any way. Crowdify.net will only accept an authentication token from the corresponding SNS. When you access SNS through our services, Crowdify.net may collect your address, gender, user ID, list of friends and any information you make public from the SNS. Depending on the SNS you use through Crowdify.net and in accordance with your privacy settings, you may make information about your SNS account available through our services and information. For example, you can log in and sign in to your Facebook account through the Crowdify.net app by entering your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect and then manage your Facebook account through Crowdify.net. We advise you to read the data protection declaration and other statements of the SNS you use. You can deactivate the connection between your Crowdify.net application and any SNS you choose at any time using the Accounts section.
- Surveys and Promotions. From time to time, we may provide an opportunity for you to participate in surveys or sweepstakes. If you participate, we may request and process additional information.
Cookies & other technologies
You can change your browser settings so that it does not accept cookies, or prompts you with a warning before the website you are visiting accepts the cookies. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to access all sections or functions of our site. Cookies installed by Crowdify.net or third parties such as an SNS will remain stored on your computer or mobile device until you delete them.
We also use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or similar methods (pixel tags) in connection with our services to collect usage, demographic and geographic location data. A pixel tag is an electronic image, often also a single image, which is not normally visible to users. It may relate to cookies on the user’s hard drive. Pixel tags allow us to count visitors to our website to provide market-oriented services and determine the effectiveness of promotions and advertising campaigns.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). Use includes the Universal Analytics operating mode. This makes it possible to assign data, sessions and interactions across multiple devices to a pseudonymous user ID and thus to analyse the activities of users across devices. www.intersoft-consulting.de provides this data protection notice.
- We use donation technology from RaiseNow AG, Hardturmstr. 101, 8005 Zurich on our website; you can read the data protection guidelines here: https://www.raisenow.com/ch-de/datenschutz. Collected personal and payment-related data as well as communication preferences are collected by RaiseNow based on our legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO and an order processing agreement according to Art. 28 para. 3 p. 1 DSGVO. RaiseNow AG, located in Switzerland, and RaiseNow GmbH, located in Germany, comply with all requirements of the European Data Protection Regulation. Switzerland is considered a safe third country, confirmed by the European Commission as having an adequate level of data protection. This includes, for example, data processing security, which at RaiseNow AG is regularly audited and certified by TÜV SÜD based on the PCI-DSS SAQ D Level 2 security standard (https://developer.raisenow.com/docs/pci-dss/Certificate-of-Validation_en.pdf). RaiseNow may use the anonymised collected data, i.e., without assignment to a donor, to optimise or improve its own services, but not to contact them directly or to pass on data to third parties.
- As part of our online offers, we, and most of the project initiators, have integrated YouTube videos into campaign descriptions. YouTube stores these, but they can be played on our website. YouTube is a service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter referred to as Google). The project initiators must integrate the videos in the “extended data protection mode”, and in addition an upstream image file is intended to prevent direct data transmission to YouTube. This means that if you do not play the videos, no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube. Once you play the videos, the data mentioned in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence over the data transmission to Google once the video has started playing.
- Google receives information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website as soon as you play a YouTube video. In any case, the data mentioned in § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. Thus, it does not matter whether you are logged into your Google account or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in to Google, this data is directly attributed to your account. If you do not want to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising and market research purposes, as well as for the needs-based design of their website. Such assessments take place even for users who are not logged in, especially for needs-based advertising. Other users of the social network are also informed about your activities on our platform. You can object to a user profile being generated. Please contact YouTube to do this.
- The data protection declaration will provide more detailed information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube. You can also find information about your rights and configuration options to protect your privacy here: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- As an alternative to YouTube videos, our website also uses components from the provider Vimeo. Vimeo is a service of Vimeo LCC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA. Each time you visit our website with this component, the browser you use downloads a corresponding representation of the component from Vimeo. If you are logged in to Vimeo while viewing such a video on our website, Vimeo recognises the information collected by the component, which page you are visiting and assigns this to your personal Vimeo account. For example, if you click on the Play button or write a comment, this information is assigned to your personal Vimeo account and is stored there. The fact that you have visited our site is also transmitted to Vimeo. However, this only happens when you click on the component because the video is preceded by an image file.
- If you log out of your Vimeo account before starting the video, you prevent this transmission and storage of data about you and your use of our website. You can find more information about this in the Vimeo data protection declaration and about data collection and use by Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/privacy.
- You can subscribe to our newsletter which provides information about our current interesting offers.
- If your email address was not verified during registration, or if you do not order the newsletter from your account, we use the double opt-in procedure. This means that registration is only complete once you confirm it by clicking on the confirmation link that is sent to this email address. If you do not confirm the link within 72 hours, your information will be blocked and deleted after one month. Your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation are also stored for one week. This allows us to verify your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any misuse of your data.
- Your email address and name are mandatory to receive the newsletter. Your name is necessary so that we can address you personally. Your name and email address will be stored after your confirmation.
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by withdrawing your consent to receive it. You can do this by clicking on the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
Data collection by the operator of Crowdify.net and third parties
Crowdify.net or the operator collect data on the entire platform. Exceptions are parts operated by partners of the operator or Crowdify.net. Data may also be collected by the relevant partner in these areas. The operator of Crowdify.net obtains assurances that the partner has the same data protection and security measures as Crowdify.net.
Intended use of the data
We use the collected data exclusively in accordance with Swiss data protection law. Your data will only be used for the purpose disclosed in this data protection guideline.
We use the collected data, including your login details, user ID and device ID, data relating to your use of our services and SNS and data from surveys, promotions and competitions, solely to provide and improve our services, to develop new offers and to enhance and personalise your experience on the Platform, including the content and advertising you see.
We also use your data to bring you important news about our services and marketing and promotional materials that we think will be of interest to you.
Disclosure of data
Anonymised data We may transmit, distribute or publish data in condensed form (e.g., as statistics or reports) to third parties. The data is presented in such a way that conclusions about individual persons cannot be made based on the data. The scope of the data is limited to the volume directly required for processing.
Service Provider We employ third-party companies that assist us in providing and improving the services (for example, database management and web analytics, such as Google Analytics). When these third parties receive personal data, they may not disclose or use this data for any purpose other than that specified by us. The third-party companies may only process data in the same way we do. They are prohibited from processing the data in any other way.
Fulfilment of legal obligations. We reserve the right to disclose data in the context of fulfilling legal obligations, for example in connection with the prosecution and detection of unlawful activities.
Business transactions Crowdify.net may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all its assets, including your personal data, with third parties in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganisation, divestments or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Right to information, correction or deletion of your data
Users can request information at any time free of charge as to whether and, if so, which of their personal data is being processed. You can request your right to information by writing to Crowdify GmbH, Privatsphäre, St. Ankerstrasse 3, 8004 Zurich. A copy of the user’s ID or passport must be enclosed with the letter for identification purposes.
For information on changing your data protection settings, your password, updating and correcting your data or for any other data-related questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on +41 43 322 08 85.
International data transfer
Due to the structure of the Internet and the use of services such as Google Analytics etc., we cannot guarantee that data will not be stored or transmitted to servers abroad. By providing data, users thus give their consent that data may also be transmitted abroad or processed or stored there.
Consent to data processing
Zurich, october 2021, Version 2.0
Version 1.0, Zürich, April 2018