A modern neighborhood assistance
After all of us had stayed at home and this global crisis is over, this project aims to bring people back together. Our goal is to create a local network within urban neighborhoods, in which a social sharing of resources, skills and abilities is encouraged. 5 Favors is a local, social platform, which will facilitate these processes of exchange and contribute to the transparency of resources.
With this amount, we will be able to program a prototype and release it for test environments. With the data from testing we can define the customer needs and further develop the concept.
After the prototype has been set up and tested, we can develop a fully working version for all the operating systems including a web-application.
An active network is pivotal for a self-sustaining platform, because this would mean no favor will be left undone. According to Metcalfe's law, these are about 7500 active users in Zurich. We will use this amount to develop different marketing strategies to grow the network. Furthermore, all running expenses and investment costs such as server costs could be covered.
With your help we will have a full working version and a broad network, that will contribute to a transparency of resources and people, who are willing to help out their neighbors.
Social level (general social need for contact)
● need for social integration in a social network in the immediate vicinity ● basic need for social exchange of favors o advantages: Ideal of monetarily free provision of services resulting in an emotional sense of satisfaction. (Added Value: emotional, monetary)
● need to reduce social inhibitions o advantages: building a social network with individuals with whom you normally would not make contact.
Individual level (personal social needs)
● the need for help with small favors o benefits: help within the immediate area, by social contacts who have the ability, time or necessary resources.
● the need to overcome communication barriers and create a transparency of available resources.
● missing ingredients
○ baking powder
○ various tools
○ kitchen utensils
○ garden tools
○ feeding a cat
○ water the plants
○ receiving postal deliveries
○ taking the dog for a walk
○ Lost pets
○ local suggestions
○ insider tips
○ lost & found
Other identified costs:
Google Play Goals costs (25.-)
Apple Appstore 99.- per year
Running investments: Online advertising, promoting word to mouth etc.
Server: 300.- CHF / year (Pivotal Deployment + 180.- CHF / year) Domain: 35.- CHF / year
Traffic: 4.- CHF / 1000 User
The server costs depends on the number of users and the traffic, so the costs of this element will rise asymptotically over time (with the growth of the network).
5 Favors is a modern neighborhood assistance, which encourages the social exchange of favors.
Hi, I am the creative head behind 5 Favors and responsible for innovation, design and administrative work, including web- and UX Design.
Andrej is the project leader and with the help of his network of programmers, he will make this project happen.